Economic pressures = industry holding pattern
Semper International's Fourth Quarter Insight Survey Report, reveals that company profits, sales and hiring have all felt the strain of economic pressures, resulting in many companies switching investment modes, to "hold or contract" mode versus a "grow or hold"
Here are some key insights from the survey results:
- The general economy rule concerns - 33% say this is a primary threat right now
- Less than 50% of companies expect Sales to increase this quarter
- Good news: two-week sales increases almost doubled in this survey - growing to 39% of all firms
- 57% of firms are currently investing in diversification efforts
- 12% will reduce staff headcount this quarter - but nearly 60% will hire